How to Add an MSU Organization to the Spartan Experience Record
To prepare for adding your organization/activity to the Spartan Experience Record platform, here is a list of some documents/information that will may be helpful:
- Your organization’s contact information
- The organization’s constitution
- Descriptions of the different roles/officers
- Think about the information that you would usually submit Involve @ State for organization registration
These items are not submitted nor needed by the Spartan Experience Record, but they are helpful tools to aid in writing about the positions.
The main pieces each submission needs are:
- An activity description
- This goes over the broad scope of the organization or the main focus of the group of positions
- Activity linked to a Category
- Position name and description
- Associated Learning Outcomes (minimum of 1 and maximum of 5 per role)
- How are the Learning Outcomes assessed/measured/shown that the role(s) are completed
- Who can answer more questions about the role(s)
- Who is the one that is able to say that the learning was completed and give that final stamp of approval
Once these items have been gathered, you can then begin working on the submission. We have set up a couple different ways to help in writing the submission:
- Submission Form (Google Sheets)
- The information needed for a submission can be placed into the google sheet to help guide you in the process
- You will need to make a copy for yourself to edit.
- There are examples along the bottom on different tabs as well as a form with helpful notes
- This is great to share with multiple people to help write the material together
After the submission information is gathered, it gets connected to the different areas to help define the activity, then it is time for the last step. All submissions must be officially submitted by your Organization’s Advisor (an MSU Faculty or Staff member) to become part of the officially recognized Spartan Experience Record.
To officially submit the activity:
- The faculty/staff member logs into Mystory.msu.edu, and submits the information as a new Spartan Experience.
- If the advisor needs assistance, check out the Faculty/Staff Resource page.
- If the staff member has difficulty, they can email all the information from their MSU email address to email@example.com for someone in the office to review and assist in the submission process.
- If there are questions around the submission, the Spartan Experience Record team will reach out to the submitter to ensure correct information.
- Once a year, the advisor will update the Spartan Experience Record platform on the different students who have participated in the yearly validation.
After the submission is placed into the platform the process begins to have it officially be added to the Spartan Experience Record!