Have you been wondering what My Spartan Story and the Spartan Experience Records are? Maybe you have heard a little but want to know how to request and utilize this new tool. Or maybe you want help in getting your activities or experiences added to My Spartan Story. If so, then check out our student workshops that are designed to help introduce MSU Undergrads to My Spartan Story as both a platform and tool, as well as the process for submitting co-curricular experiences to be included on the Spartan Experience Record.
My Spartan Story Student Introductory Workshop
Join us to learn about My Spartan Story and the Spartan Experience Record, a new customizable record of your learning beyond the classroom that you can then request alongside your transcript through the Registrar’s Office. Our workshop will help you familiarize yourself to the record, benefits, as well as to the submission and approval process to add your co-curricular experience(s). Register HERE.
- Tuesday, January 25, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 11, 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 28, 3-4 p.m.
- Monday, March 28, 10:30-11:30am
- Thursday, March 31, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20, 2-3 p.m.
At this time all workshops will be offered via Zoom. If you would like to have someone from My Spartan Story present to a group in person please contact Lance Sharp, My Spartan Story Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you sign up for a time and need to reschedule, please let Lance know as well.
Faculty and Staff Workshops
My Spartan Story Introductory Workshop
Join us to learn about My Spartan Story and the Spartan Experience Record, a new customizable record of students’ learning beyond the classroom that they can request alongside their transcript through the Registrar’s Office. Our workshop will help you familiarize yourself to the record, benefits for students, your college/division and MSU, as well as to the submission and approval process to add your co-curricular experience(s). Register HERE.
- Wednesday, January 21, 1 – 2 p.m.
- Friday, January 28, 11 a.m. – noon
- Thursday, February 10, 3 – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 22, 4 – 5 p.m.
- Monday, March 14, 2 – 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 30, 12:30-1:30 p.m.
My Spartan Story Sprint Workshop
Join the My Spartan Story Team to engage in the Spartan Experience submission process and prepare at least one submission draft during the session. Our Team will discuss key submission elements including learning outcomes and learning outcomes assessment. Register HERE.
- Wednesday, February 16, 3-4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8, 11-noon
- Wednesday, March 9, 1-2 p.m.
- Will be in person if possible, will be following MSU Covid directives and protocols
Want to request a workshop for your department, organization, club, etc? Please fill out this form and a member of the My Spartan Story Team will reach out to you to schedule or gather more information.